St. Peter Prince of the Apostles School
112 Marcia Place
Serving Children Grades K3 - 8th
Excellence in Education Within a Community of Faith
|We the members of St. Peter's Parish are committed to witnessing and sharing the love of Christ. St. Peter School offers our children an excellent education within a community of faith; a community in which the parish faith, values, and attitudes are reinforced and lived within an educational setting that encourages growth and self-esteem. Our children, formed in Christian values, give witness to the Gospel in the church and in society. St. Peter School is an expression of the parish's belief that each child is a unique gift of God and a special promise for the future. Each deserves respect, affirmation, and support in the development of his/her talents and individuality. The school helps each child reach full potential with awareness of being a child of God. We recognize the parents are the primary educators of their children. The school supports and reinforces the parents' desire to give their child a holistic education based on sound academics and Christian values.|
- The Early Childhood Program focuses on beginning skills and socialization through developmentally appropriate techniques.
- The Primary Curriculum provides a strong emphasis on the basics, while giving students a variety of opportunities for hands-on learning.
- The Intermediate Curriculum continues an emphasis on basic skills and increases the level of self-responsibility and expands learning opportunities.
- Students in grades 6-8 focus on the skills and knowledge that prepare them for success in a college prep high school.
- A wide variety of CYO sports are available grades K3 - 5
- AIAL athletics are open to grades 6th - 8th
- After-school clubs and opportunities include:
- Drama • Tennis • Dance • Piano
- Middle School electives include:
- Art • Music • Guitar • Journalism and more
- Healthy Schools Initiative menber
- NJHS and Student Council participation is encouraged for Middle School
- Retreats, dances and socials are held for middle school students in the fall and spring.
St. Peter Prince of the Apostles currently serves students from 68 zip codes and welcomes families of any race, color, national origin, and when possible, disability. To be considered for acceptance into St. Peter, the following records must be submitted: Original Birth or Baptismal certificate, complete immunization records, most recent report card (grades 1-8) and/or standardized test scores (grades 1-8), and the student's Social Security card. Limited scholarships and tuition assistance available.
Awards & Honors
National Blue Ribbon School – 1985 and 2005.
As a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, our students score among the top 10% in the nation in standardized testingand receive instruction in Spanish and Fine Arts as a part of their core curriculum.
TCCED Accredited 2008-2018. Commendations were awarded for our positive climate, commitment to community and spiritual formation.